Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Cheese Stands Alone

You know it's time to work less when your blog posts all relate to your job. On that note: another work-related post ...

Yesterday, a school-wide search ensued when Mimi the mouse (Mimi la souris, if you're nasty) escaped her cage in one of the kindergarten classrooms. This morning they found Mimi, cowering in a corner, exactly one foot (30 cm, if you're nasty) from her cage.

Maybe Mimi's the one who stole the wheel of cheese last week? Sheesh. This place is like a live-action nursery rhyme. I'm just waiting for someone to jump over a candlestick.

Speaking of blogging at work, I would like to take this opportunity to officially state my fondness and approval of my place of employment. And, while I'm at it, the NSA. And every aspect of the U.S. Government and its domestic and foreign policies. Especially surveilance, torture and hating the French. I wish I had a bumper sticker that says I (heart) Wire Tapping! and/or France: What's the Point?

Except that the last bit might piss off my employers, who are French. As this woman learned, having a blog about work can get you fired. And possibly sued.

Although I've carerfully never stated where I work or put any work-related photos on this or any other blog, you can never be too careful. So I'd just like to say that I love the French. Unless you're from the NSA. In that case, I think the French are a bunch of cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

2 Comments:

Blogger littlemute said...

I agree completely. This war is about freedom, it's not about oil rights or blocking the Chinese from access. The Chinese are our friends, why would we want to block them from their oil? Preposterous! Certainly Iran needs to be free just as much as Iraq does, free from tyranny to chose their own form of pro-western government, and free from the burden of nuclear arms races, and especially free from weight of responsibility the last Chinese oil contract in the Middle East must be. Certainly it's our duty as citizens under this great regime to let the headphones of the NSA ring with our voices crying freedom as we run around the Maypole on Walpurgis Nact for various Mohammedan rabbles next May 1st: Americanization Day (oops, I meant Loyalty Day).

8:54 AM  
Blogger Jolynn said...

Did the mouse eat the cheese? Probably not,but wouldn't that be funny. I hope never to get in trouble for blogging at work. I do have a fear of it happening though. And yet, it hasn't stopped me.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home