Friday, October 06, 2006


So, it looks like I'm going to spend my Third Annual 29th birthday - which, for the first time in years will be on a Saturday night - fishing for something called "bigmouth bass." I guess they're sassy.

I haven't been fishing since I was about 10 years old, when I caught an eel and threw it back in the water. Unfortunately, it was still attached to the brand-new fishing pole, which discouraged Dad from ever taking me fishing again (which worked out quite nicely).

I like fish, don't get me wrong, but I like them better in an aquarium, or on a plate in next to a lemon wedge, rather than flopping around next to me on a boat. Personally, I prefer not to know about the size of my dinner's mouth.

For those of you who know Florida, it's somewhere around Welaka, which is kind of near that bastion of world civilization we call Palatka.

Assuming I don't git et by a gater, I'll tell y'all about it once ah git back.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jolynn said...

Happy Birthday!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

April, it is NOT my 5th Annual 29th birthday - I realize you're the CPA, but that would make me 34! But you're right, it is my 4th Annual, not third.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Sh! eelag hnaGig said...

I think you're supposed to count the year you were actually 29, you know...

8:23 AM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

Yeah, counting the year I turned 29, it's four. In other words, I'm 33 (really). But my "age de plume" is 29.

Hey, I resisted the urge to get fake boobs, at least give me a fake age ...

7:17 PM  
Blogger Sh! eelag hnaGig said...

I knew there was some reason we had to cheat our way through our various maths courses.

I had this same argument with my grandmother in 1989 when she insisted that since she was born in 1919, she had to be 69.

2:35 AM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

Doh! Okay, April - get ready - I'm about to say something you've possibly never heard me say before but (gulp) ... you're right. As we all know, math has never been my strong suit.

Mollie, at least your grandma had the excuse of being of somewhat elderly at the time ... Some of us are senile before our time. Of course, I like to think of it as being "precocious."

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home