Friday, January 20, 2006

J.K. Rowling's "Hogwarts" exposed as a fake ...

I'm becoming downright disillusioned. First, we find out that James Frey is a serial exaggerator. Then, we find out that JT Leroy isn't really a dude pretending to be a woman pretending to be a Boy George impersonator.

NOW they tell me that J.K. Rowling, author of the "Harry Potter" series, didn't really discover a magical boarding school where precocious wizards-in-training fight the forces of evil. And to think that I actaully cared when Dumbledore died! Had I known it was fiction, I wouldn't have given a rat's ass. Now I'm going to have to retract those harshly worded letters I wrote to my senators about the looming threat of He Who Must Not Be Named.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jolynn said...

I'm shocked! Seriously, I had no idea. How will I explain this to the kids?

10:54 AM  
Blogger Gypsy said...

yeah i thought i was under the spell of dementors and it turned out i was just really depressed.
real life is so boring.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

I was actually taking anti-dementor meds. Ironically, they made me go crazy. And have drymouth.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Gypsy said...

yes well you've really got to watch it with muggle-medicine.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home