Friday, January 27, 2006


One of the best things about being married or in a long-term relationship is that you don't feel any great pressure to be doing something cool on a Friday night. Tonight, for example, I am posting pictures of lasagna on the internet.

You see, I just figured out how to post photos on a blog! I realize this should not be so difficult, and yet ...I thought maybe you had to host them on one of those other internets. Besides, I never post photos of myself because in virtually every photo ever taken of me, food seems to be falling out of my mouth. Even when I'm not eating at the time the photo was taken. It's rather odd. So I figured I'd just cut to the chase and post photos of the food.

The above is my mother-in-law's amazing lasagna, which she prepared on our recent visit to San Luis Obispo. Vita's parents both came from Sicily, and so her lasagna and red sauce come from some 500-year-old family recipe. Sigh. I wish I were Mediterranian.


The morning after said lasagna. Paul always waits until I have no makeup on and am in mid-sentence and/or am chewing to take pictures.


Here is a great picture of me, except that I'm not in it. Scenic Morro Bay in CA.



Me and Francis, pre-op, when he was still Frances (in July), before we found out he'd have to be neutered instead of spayed.


Paul and kittens, which are now cats, but I can't find the new photos. The gist of it is: they're bigger.


One last San Luis Obispo picture from Xmas. I like how every picture in california involves a "vista." Growing up in a flat part of the world, I'm totally amazed by mountains. Maybe it's just boob envy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jolynn said...

The lasagna looks yummy. I love lasagna. Anyway, I was so very confused about your previous posts about authors not being who they write about and what not. I finally turned on the news and now I so get it. I'm a little behind these days. I must be a lot behind because it was days before I finally heard anything about it.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Monique said...

I'm from flat lands too... just returned from a trip in mountainous Tennessee -- I just LOVE that scenery!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Tenryu said...

Being a married fella myself, and being married to a wonderful woman who loves to cook, (as do I, knew she didn't marry me for looks) that lasagna does look pretty good. Glad you take pride in your work. Kudos! I've never been East of Pennsylvania, (an old New England salt, me) your pictures definitely make me want to see more of the country. Take care!

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home