Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Feeling Bloggish

Listening to the election results.

Much talk about the "bloggers blogging on the blogs in the blogosphere." On one channel (okay, it was Fox ... they have shiny colors and all the words have no more than 2 syllables, me likey), they showed some bar in DC where there were 10 bloggers blogging. Perhaps about six geese a-laying.

The gist of it was that "blogging" was something that very bad people do to baby seals.

Instead of making an astute political statement, I have to observe that "blog" -- a bastard noun-child, sprung from the union of Web and Log (next step: bestiality!) -- has become a noun, a verb, and even a shape.

Who decided that it's a sphere? I thought it was a truck. I mean, a series of tubes.

Ahem. As you can see from the above text, I have nothing of interest to add to the blog rhombus (or is it a hatchback?) this evening.

However, the political election has inspired me. I've realized that, by waiting until I "have something to say" before saying anything, I'm defeating the alluring, sinister purpose of the blog-ellipse (or is it a sphere?).

As a consequence/benefit of watching too much TV lately, I've had a revelation. It occured to me that in our culture -- now, this may come as a shock --quantity is more important than quality. For instance, in things like votes. Or, say, money.

So, I've decided to start updating this blog every day, even though most of the time, I usually have no salient (a.k.a., "salty") points to add to the blog rectangle (or is it a cube?).

The above represents the first episode of blogging in the bloggish blog even when I have absolutely nothing to say. But if I say enough of it, maybe it will add up to something, at least quantity-wise.

Or maybe it will just be a series of tubes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if you do write everyday. I promise to read but only if it's smart, clever, funny...

Kidding. I'll read everything. But only because your a favorite. :)

8:24 AM  
Blogger Sus said...

Exactly how long is a day in the blog tetrahedron? ;)

6:53 AM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

Yeah, I meant a day on Venus. Or are those shorter? Doh! I mean, uh, a day on Uranus?

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home